Accessibility / Help Page
The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) website has been developed in compliance with Section D of the California Government Code 11135. Code 11135 requires that all electronic and information technology developed or purchased by the State of California Government is accessible to people with disabilities. There are various types of physical disabilities that impact user interaction on the web. Vision loss, hearing loss, limited manual dexterity, and cognitive disabilities are examples, with each having different means by which to access electronic information effectively. Our goal is to provide a good web experience for all visitors.
Below you will find a list of some of the technology solutions we have integrated to make our website easy to navigate, fast-loading, and accessible.
Uses Alternative Text ALTand/or TITLEattributes. ALT/TITLE attributes provide a written description of the image, which is accessible to screen readers, and it is visible when the mouse is placed over the image. This is also useful for people who have images turned off on their browser, in which case a description will display where the image used to be.
WCAG 2.0 Level AA
The template adheres to WCAG 2.0 AA Guidelines and Success Criteria organized under the following 4 principles:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia.
- Create content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Do not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable way.
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user tools
- California’s Accessibility Standards
- Americans with Disabilities Act Notice
- California Commission on Disability Access (CCDA)
- California Department of Rehabilitation (DoR)
The GO-Biz website team will respond promptly by either correcting the problem or will provide an alternate format per your request. Refer to contact us for more information.
Website Accessibility Certification
Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
May 15, 2023
Refer to contact us page for more information.
The undersigned certify that, as of May 15th, 2023, the internet website of The Outsmart Disaster is designed, developed, and maintained to be accessible. This denotes compliance with the following:
- California Government Code Sections 7405, 11135, and 11546.7
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 published by the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium
- At a minimum Level AA success criteria
1325 J Street, Suite 1800
Sacramento, CA 95814
Email CalOSBA | About Us
Find a Local Small Business Advisor
CA Grants Portal
Grant and Funding Opportunities